This hibernate tutorial provides in-depth concepts of Hibernate Framework with simplified examples. Here in Hibernate Tutorial i am going to all advance hibernate concepts also like Secons level cache etc.
What is Hibernate
Hibernate is an object relational mapper (ORM) Framework which is used to turn our java objects into a way to persists them into the database and vice versa.
Here in Hibernate definition i used ORM so let’s understand what is ORM and what is use of ORM.
What is ORM
Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) is a technique which provides us facility to query and manipulate data from a database using an object-oriented programming pradigm.
In lemon term ORM binds our tables or stored procedures in java classes, so that instead of writing SQL statements to interact with your database, you use methods and properties of objects.
Advantage of Hibernate Framework
- Hibernate is non-invasive framework means it does not force use to extend or implement API classes or interfaces.
- Simple to learn and work means no need to learn complicated SQL queries.
- Hibernate is a bit faster than JDBC queries.
- By default transaction support is given.
- Database independent query
- Light-weight framework.
Limitation of Hibernate
- Hibernate is slower than pure JDBC driver API.
- Hibernate is not recommended for small project.
- Hibernate is not suitable for Batch processing
- So Many configuration need for simple query also.