What is Angular
Why Angular ?
Angular makes our html more expressive means it powers up our html with features such as if condition for loop and local variables.
Angular has powerful data binding, means we can easily display fields from our data model and we track changes.
Angular promotes Modularity by design where we can group same kind of functionality code into single module..
Features of Angular
Following are the main features of Angular framework.
- Speed and Performance.
- Simplified API
- Full development support.
- Cross Platform.
- Single-page application (SPA)
Speed and Performance
We can say Angular is built for speed and it has faster initial loads, faster change detection and improved rendering time etc.
Angular has simpler bindings, simpler dependencies injections etc.
Angular has some amazing components like Angular CLI support and Microsoft Visual Studio Code IDE support for better productivity.
- Angular CLI – The Angular CLI is a command line interface tool that can create a project, add files, and perform a variety of ongoing development tasks such as testing, bundling, and deployment.
- Template – Angular has powerful template support to quickly create user interface views.
- Re-usability – Angular templates are reusable means we can create one component and we can use it any where withing the application.
Full Development Support
Angular has full development support like testing, building support.
Angular applications are are responsive and it has multiple platform support like MAC, Windows, Linux.
We can build Mobile based application also in Angular.
Angular has internationalization (I18N) support by default you do not need to write any lengthy code for it.
Single-page application (SPA)
SPA is type of application that will have less loading time duration because SPA all pages will be loaded at once and the difference between a regular website and SPA is the reduced amount of page refreshes.
Angular used AJAX internally to reduce amount of page refreshes.
You might have noticed that when you will click on an Gmail Inbox then it only reloads Email in the body section and does not retrieve the rest of the page like side and navigation bar. This type of applications are called Single page application ( SPA).