What is JSP
JSP is server side technology provided by sun micro system to design web application in order to generate dynamic response.
JSP tags are similar to HTML and XML.
What is purpose of JSP
The main intention to introduce JSP is to reduce java code as much as possible in web application.
What is Use of JSP
- use to design web application.
- In MVC Framework like Spring, JSP acts as a View part.
- Use to show data in browser
What is Benefits of JSP
- Any one can design web application without much more knowledge of java
- use to generate dynamic contents
- JSP is pre compiled no need to compile every time after some modification.
What is extension of JSP page
JSP page has .jsp extension.
It is possible to deploy the JSP page at any location in web application either in classes folder or in root folder
But if we deploy jsp page in classes folder then we have to write url pattern for the JSP page in web.xml file
But if we deploy JSP page in root folder then we no need to write URL pattern in web.xml file. it will be acsessible from any where